Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The times they are a-changing

Just plugged in my 4Gb smartdrive USB stick, and realized that not so long ago, 4Gb was what you'd be REALLY lucky to fit into a bloody livingroom.


One gigabyte then, one gigabyte now. Old one - MUCH cooler...

I just wish, really really wish, that all the energy spent on not so important things - like updating your Facebook page (yes, you!) and trying to fit more gigas onto smaller space - would be spent on trying to save this bloody planet.

Was in the woods with the kids a couple of days ago - the loud smattering that could be heard were the elk flies hitting our jackets, caps, hair, legs, everywhere. Never seen such an amount of them evil buggers. Four hours later I plucked the last one as it was crawling on my cheek. Now - there were no elk flies here when I was a kid, just the mosquitos. Global warming has brought them to my porch, and I don't like it one bit. Time to do something - I won't take the car ANYWHERE for the rest of this week, and that's that.

No comments: